- You can capture at full framerate in full screen.
- You can capture individual fields (this requires
an application that uses the DirectShow API to capture
video). Don't know if an app. that let you capture
individual fields using DirectShow API already exists.
Obviously, there exists lots of apps that let you
capture full frames and video using DirectShow.
- You can capture at any framerate you
like : This is specially important for Video For Windows
API based capture applications (As Adobe Premiere).
This is a feature you won´t get normally with all
the others (generic) WDM drivers
- There is plenty of capture video formats (all supported
by DirectShow and the hardware). For example, use
YV12 for MPEG capture - Performance Boost!)
- You can use all the newer/(faster) DirectShow capture
applications . (I would recommend Ulead Media Studio
Pro, or Ulead Visual Studio, as those can use this
driver to capture full frame size/full rate mpeg2
- All the video capture programs will let you use
the TV tuner as your source, and change channels inside
them if you like.
- AM/FM radio is supported, Just set TV tuner mode
- You can use this driver under Win2000 and the brand
- Driver is optimized for speed, so CPU requirements
should be less than the original driver (VXD).
- You can select different colorspaces/sizes independently
for preview and capture (On well written DirectShow
applications only). Even, if you capture at full frame
sizes, but at a lower framerate than the maximum allowed,
and with the same colorspace and size for preview
and capture, you will get preview using all the frames
- Driver stores your settings when you
turn off the computer, so they will remain as you
have left them the last time you used the driver (depends
on the program being used, some programs overwrite
- All the videostandards the chipset
supports are supported. Don't be surprised if you
get a lot more than you were used to with your old
driver. Even PAL NCombination (Used in Argentina),
PAL60 and NTSC50 are supported. (PAL NC Requires a
Bt848A or better, PAL60 and NTSC50 requires a Bt878
- You should be able to get closed captioning (Untested)
- You can turn on Gamma correction (chipset supports
this) to achieve a very improved image in your monitor
(it only works with the RGB colorspaces)
- You can do a (sort of) white balance control on
the captured image.
- You can control hue, contrast, brightness, saturation.
- You can control Sharpness of the image
(very useful to get rid of video noise that goes against
video compression quality.
- You can select the region of the screen to capture.
(DirectShow offers this API, so programs using it
can set it, if this was taken into account)
- You can use NetMeeting to do video
conference. There is one thing about it: You must
select Video Source before launching NetMeeting from
another video Capture program.
- You can use Adobe Premiere! (This one uses the VFW
- And you, as a programmer, can set and get, using
DirectShow API, all driver parameters programmatically,
using the standarized and documented API offered by
- Power management of the chip is implemented. While
you don't use Chip is in low power mode.
- The driver takes into consideration the videonorm
selected, to avoid field reversal, a very common problem
all the users of these boards face everyday.
- Now, in PAL-NC, you can capture and preview at 756x576
(This is the highest resolution we can get from the
chipset in PAL-NC). This will allow to see TV properly
(no distorted image anymore!)
- You can try to use the TV tuner audio circuit to
try to tune FM radio (for those of you that can´t
tune FM radio with your card.) FM will be FM mono
but should work (do not expect a good quality)
- You can now capture/preview digital video, if your
card has one of those connectors
- Maybe even more features... Several months of development
have made me not to remember now all the things I
have added to the driver.. Enjoy!