Before running the installer, you must have installed
the old drivers of your card, or have listed the Video
Capture card in Device Manager under Other Devices..
(A yellow question mark). You must also have your capture
card installed inside your computer.
Start the installer. The first screen offers to Install
the driver or to Uninstall ANY already installed driver
associated with the Brooktree capture card. The last
option should ONLY be used if you want to reinstall
ANOTHER DIFFERENT DRIVER , it gets rid of all the old
drivers associated to the Bt848/Bt878 , and it should
be used if you want to reinstall the original driver
that came with your board. You MUST NOT uninstall any
driver to install this one.
Select Install option, then press the "Next"
button. The licence agreement will be displayed. You
should agree with those license terms to continue. Agree
to the license and press "Next".
Now, the Main installation screen will be displayed,
and , depending on your settings, the driver could be
properly configured for your card. You should know that
improper configuration settings will make the driver
partially functional. Probably TV tuner and TV audio
wonīt work as expected (if they work at all). Make sure
you select the TV card model that is right for your
capture board if you are asked to (just read the screen),
and select the right TV tuner. If you don't know the
TV tuner model, you will have to try until you find
one of them that works with your card (if it does not
work, you won't be able to switch TV channels).
So, the driver will try to autodetect the card model.
If it displays a card name at the botton of the dialog,
above the "Next" button, you can use the card
"Autodetected" model setting. If it says you
must pick a card model, you must do so. This is caused
probably because your video capture card does not provide
a reliable way to identify it (all the older Bt848 based
cards have this problem, but nearly all new Bt878 based
cards should be autodetected).
As said, you must also pick the Tuner model. This is
important, because the wrong tuner type will probably
make TV channel tuning impossible. You must be aware
that on FlyVideo, AverMedia, Miro, Pinnacle , Voodoo
and Hauppauge models, tuner model is autodetected, so,
with those cards, you could let the driver autodetect
it. For all the other capture cards you need to specify
the correct tuner.
If you donīt know the correct tuner model, you can
try to read the tuner model from the capture card itself
(the aluminium box). If you canīt do that, you will
have to use a trial and error method. I suggest that
, in this case, you select a Phillips model based on
the videonorm of your country. Remember that for Pal
N Combination (Used in Argentina), you should select
a NTSC tuner.
There are 3 checkboxes to check; the first one askes
if there is a TDA9855 on board. You should leave it
unchecked unless you have sound problems and you see/know
that your card has one of those chips onboard.
The second one asks if your card has a FM tuner. Normally,
you must check this if you were told your card was able
to tune FM radio. Note that Miro, Pinnacle and VHX card
owners MUST NOT check this. The driver knows about those
special cards that need special parameters to work (because
they can tune Radio, but using another specific tuner
for that function).
The third checkbox, asks if you want to try to tune
FM radio with the TV Tuner. This is possible for all
cards that canīt normally tune FM Radio, but will give
bad quality FM Mono. (Better to have it than not to
Thatīs all, now press the "Next" button:
The installation screen shows. Press "Install"
button, and everything should be installed! - Good luck!
Some Cards That Have Other Names:
(Taken from "Cards" of bttv linux driver).
Some cards have different names, but are the same cards,
so, check if yours is one of those cards:
CPH-Series (CPH050, ...)
Developed by TelSignal(?), OEMed by many vendors (Askey,
Typhoon, Anubis, Dynalink)
- CPH01x: BT848 capture only
- CPH03x: BT848
- CPH05x: BT878 with FM
- CPH06x: BT878 (w/o FM)
- CPH07x: BT878 capture only
- CPH0x0: NTSC-M/M
- CPH0x1: PAL-B/G
- CPH0x2: PAL-I/I
- CPH0x3: PAL-D/K
- CPH0x4: SECAM-L/L
- CPH0x5: SECAM-B/G
- CPH0x6: SECAM-D/K
- CPH0x7: PAL-N/N
- CPH0x8: PAL-B/H
- CPH0x9: PAL-M/M
CPH03x was often sold as "TV capturer".
1) 878 cards can be identified by PCI Subsystem-ID:
- 144f:3000 = CPH06x
- 144F:3002 = CPH05x w/ FM
- 144F:3005 = CPH06x_LC (w/o remote control)
2) The cards have a sticker with "CPH"-model
on the back.
3) These cards have a number printed on the PCB just
above the tuner metal box:
- "80-CP2000300-x" = CPH03X
- "80-CP2000500-x" = CPH05X
- "80-CP2000600-x" = CPH06X / CPH06x_LC
Askey sells these cards as "Magic TView series",
Brand "MagicXpress". Other OEM often call
these "Tview", "TView99" or else.
Lifeview Flyvideo Series:
The naming of these series differs in time and space.
1) Some models can be identified by PCI subsystem ID:
Typhoon TV card series:
These can be CPH, Flyvideo, Pixelview or KNC1 series.
Typhoon is the brand of Anubis. Model 50680 got re-used,
some model no. had different contents over time.
- 50680 "TV Tuner PCI Pal BG"(old,red package)=can
be CPH03x(bt848) or CPH06x(bt878)
- 50680 "TV Tuner Pal BG" (blue package)=
Pixelview PV-BT878P+ (Rev 9B)
- 50681 "TV Tuner PCI Pal I" (variant of
- 50682 "TView TV/FM Tuner Pal BG" = Flyvideo
98FM (LR50 Rev.Q)
- Note: The package has a picture of CPH05x (which
would be a real TView)
- 50683 "TV Tuner PCI SECAM" (variant of
- 50684 "TV Tuner Pal BG" = Pixelview 878TV
- 50686 "TV Tuner" = KNC1 TV Station
- 50687 "TV Tuner stereo" = KNC1 TV Station
- 50688 "TV Tuner RDS" (black package) =
KNC1 TV Station RDS
- 50692 "TV/FM Tuner" (small PCB)
- 50868 "TV/FM Tuner Pal I" (variant of
- 50999 "TV/FM Tuner Secam" (variant of
- Maxi TV Video 2 = LR50 Rev.Q (FI1216MF, PAL BG+SECAM)
- Maxi TV Video 3 = CPH064 (PAL BG + SECAM)
- Mentor TV card ("55-878TV-U1") = Pixelview
878TV(Rev.3F) (w/FM w/Remote)
- Pixelview Play TV Pro:
- PV-BT878P+rev.9B (Play TV Pro w/FM w/NICAM)
- PV-BT878P+rev.4C (Play TV Pro)
- PV-BT878P+rev.4E (Play TV Pak)
- PV-BT878TV PixelView Play TV
These are CPH series.
- TV Master = CPH030 or CPH060
- TV Master FM = CPH050
- Video Wonder/Genius Internet Video Kit = LR37 Rev.C
- VideoCap C205 (Bt848)
- VideoCap C210 (Zoran+Philips)- Driver does not work
- CaptureTV M200 (ISA)- Driver does not work with
- CaptureTV M205 (Bt848)
- Image World Conference TV = LR50 Rev. Q
- WinView 601 (Bt848)
- WinView 610 (Zoran) - Driver does not work with
- TV-Station SE (+Software Bundle)
- TV-Station pro (+TV stereo)
- TV-Station FM (+Radio)
- TV-Station RDS (+RDS)
These are sold as:
- Boeder TV-FM Video Capture Card
- Titanmedia Supervision TV-2400
- Provideo PV951 TF
- 3DeMon PV951
- MediaForte TV-Vision PV951
- Yoko PV951
- Face To Face TV MAX (Bt848)
- AVer FunTV Lite (ISA, AV3001 chipset)
- AVerTV Stereo
- AVerTV Studio (w/FM)
- AVerMedia TV98 with Remote
- AVerMedia TV/FM98 Stereo
- AVerMedia TVCAM98
- TVCapture (Bt848)
- TVPhone (Bt848)
- TVCapture98 (="AVerMedia TV98" in USA)
- TVPhone98 (Bt878, w/FM)